Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekending

Weekends are supposed be a time for much needed rest, right? Well, most weekeds are exactly that for Tracey and me. We stay up late, and we sleep late. This weekend, on the other hand, was exactly the opposite! We stayed up late, REALLY REALLY LATE, and got up early. Well, at least I got up early. Friday night, after Tracey and I got off work, we went to Orry's 20th Birthday party. A keg party that turned out to be several beer runs instead of a keg. Lindsay, Tracey, Meghan, and myself were the designated drivers...Orry was wasted. He kept asking us if he could drive, because we were in his truck. So we decided to go mudriding at 12:45 a.m. It was a blast! Tracey missed most of the mud wholes...but hit some of them! Orry kept bugging us to drive, so we took him to an open field and let him have at it where he couldn't hit ANYTHING but mud! We got home around three a.m.
Saturday I woke up around eight and could not go back to sleep. I just laid there for a few hours under the warm covers. I finally got up when Adrienne started texting me telling me that she and Dustin were about to leave Powell to come here. It takes approximately three hours to get down here, so I had enough time to finish cleaning the house. . .or so I thought. I cleaned the kitchen, dusted, picked up and put away. Tracey cleaned the bathroom and mopped both the kitchen and the bathroom, and vaccumed. I was finishing up the bedroom when I heard a knock on the door. It took them longer than three hours to get here....but at least they got here safely! I was SOOOO happy to see them! I have missed them SOOO much! Adrienne and I got to catch up and talk about the things we don't talk about through text or on the computer! Gah, I miss having someone to talk to! They are the only married friends we have! I talked Adrienne in to getting her belly pierced. So, we looked EVERYWHERE for somewhere to get hers pierced. She has always wanted one, but she never got it because she was REALLY sick a few years back. But now, she has one! We ate at Dreamland, and watched Transformers, and they journeyed back to Powell.
Sunday, Tracey worked and I did laundry. ALL DAY. . . .Then I read a book and watched Harry Potter. It was actually a pretty relaxing day. All in all...it was an awesome weekend!

1 comment: